Tuesday, September 05, 2006

If you're going to try, go all the way

The cliche of ups and downs, crests and troughs, snakes and ladders croaks rickety; it sounds outrageously banal especially when I'm forced to listen to humdrum speeches by preachy orators. But when I feel all that ebb and flow, high and low within me I realise the reality of it overshadowing it's commonness. I don't have to wait for significant occasions to feel that and God forbid those moments may pass with hardly as much as a flutter of a butterfly wing inside.

Its there everyday; I only have to pay attention. To the abyss I say I can only rise from it; to the sky I tell the fall shall hit hard. And to everything I murmur: this too shall pass.

Every passing day there come a few moments, a handful maybe even less - a solitary thought, where I feel myself. Nothing much happens to me then but its the afterglow that I bask in. It's like a shot of adrenalin, of resplendent beauty, that eggs me on for the oncoming hours, days, weeks. It pedals me on and my wheels run hard. As barriers, uphills threaten to cut me short, slow me down, the inertia of my happy juggernaut keeps me rolling. I pass by the morass without sinking, I ride through the stench without stinking and I roll on.

My life, each life, is such a story. The rough and the smooth, the evil and the righteous coexist, not peacefully or staticaly, but locked in a tussle as profound as any great battle - dynamically. I live my life consoling myself that my happiness will outlast my living. I dream the momentary will outlast the eternal. I wait for a few drops of rain in what can be an endless summer. And in a way - this way - I root for the underdog. And while I'm at it I learn I don't need to. It'll come when it has to. Bon courage!

May the living keep flying and may the dead rise from the ashes.

8 comments:

FrostAtMidnite said...

its been a pleasure reading this post. I was given this link by a mutual friend. and am glad i dropped by today.

Still Searching said...

Its nice to see someone else also feels the same way as I do some times.. sometimes when you realise yourself in little moments of life, its like a sudden self-discovery... I feel at times like I am watching myself from outside of my body, and wondering about what I'm doing.. hmmm, this was a good thought-provoking post..

Pritesh Jain said...

I can repeat what ruchika says. It was really a pleasure reading this post.

satyajit said...

to j: thank you and welcome

to ruchika: thanks..crawl out of your skin and u may surprise yrself too..

p.s: i wud love to know how much RV has shaped u :)

to pritesh: thanks a lot

Anonymous said...

Every passing day there come a few moments, a handful maybe even less - a solitary thought, where I feel myself. ha ha ...

Still Searching said...

RV?!! How do you know RV?! Shaped me a lot, cant say for better or worse, but definitely a lot!!

satyajit said...

ruchika: thru yamini i think.. dont exactly remember though

Still Searching said...

Ya could be.. she coincidentally happens to be my bro's classmate from RV.. talk about small world! :-))